Looking for a career at a fast-paced startup? Do you love writing and fashion? Are you ambitious? ShilpaAhuja.com is hiring interns and full-time content contributors!
Join Our Team!
Date: July 5, 2016
Position: Full Time Content Contributor or Fashion Blog Intern
ShilpaAhuja.com strives to inspire and spread confidence through fashion and lifestyle. We publish runway collection reviews, fashion trends and advice, shopping ideas, photo-shoots, travel guides and cultural dialogue. We have a team of 4 and a social media following of more than 65K+. Most of our readers come from US, India and Europe. Read more at About Shilpa’s Lifestyle Blog.
You are excited to join a fast growing environment, you enjoy learning new things and working hard. You care about achieving targets and challenging yourself to try new things. You are ambitious and open to others’ ideas as much as contributing your own to the pool.
Skills you know or want to learn:
Fashion writing, WordPress, HTML, CSS, Web Design, SEO, SEM, Photoshop and graphic design, Hootsuite, Google Analytics/ Trends, Google Developer Tools, Photography, etc.
• Researching latest fashion trends for new topic ideas
• Researching relevant keywords for new articles
• Curating images of runway collections
• Writing articles on fashion advice, beauty trends, lifestyle, celebrity fashion and latest collections of high street brands
• Maintaining article database
• Updating SEO of all archives by tweaking titles, keywords, meta data
• Keeping archives up-to-date for website format, advertisements, sponsored links etc.
• Contacting fashion and beauty brands for press releases and updates
• Photo editing, creating and designing blog imagery
• Doing preparations for photo shoots, such as contacting brands and arranging samples
• Scheduling community updates on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
• Tracking and optimizing website performance by tweaking code and design, wherever needed
• Designing blog branding elements as required such as logo, social media graphics, web pages and headers
You will gain working knowledge of:
• Article writing and how to communicate ideas through illustrations, images and info-graphics
• How to create social media ads to effectively promote a new business
• How to identify new fashion trends
• How to review and critique runway collections
• Web publishing tools and technologies
This is just the tip of the iceberg. In our team we encourage a flow of ideas and appreciate fresh talent. You can learn from our knowledge and experience as much as you are willing to!
Candidates’ salary (or in intern’s case, stipend) will be decided based on their performance and deliverables. Candidates must have a laptop.
Official work timings are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm. Full-time employees are allowed to work from home on a need basis. Interns are allowed to work remotely, but they are required to report to office at least twice a week.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please send in your resumes with 2 writing samples at contact(at)shilpaahuja(dot)com. Please state in your application whether you’re interested in an internship or full-time content creator position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement:
ShilpaAhuja.com is an equal opportunity employer and is against discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, caste, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status. Applicants of all ages are encouraged. ShilpaAhuja.com does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any of these characteristics. All employment decisions will be based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and/or performance.