Date: March 15, 2017
Position: Assistant Editor
You are excited to join a fast growing environment, you enjoy learning new things and working hard. You achieving targets and challenging yourself to try new things. You are ambitious and open to others ideas as much as contributing your own to the pool.
Skills You Know Or Want to Learn
Business communication, Social media marketing, Fashion writing and editing, WordPress, HTML, CSS, Photoshop and graphic design, Google Analytics, SEO, SEM, Photography etc.
The goal is to work closely with the magazine’s editor-in-chief to assist in editing a team of content creators and freelancers.
- Ensuring content is in line with company’s brand philosophy.
- Maintaining editorial, fashion events and fashion week calendars.
- Collaborate with content contributors and senior editors to curate daily content and ensure editorial calendar is being followed.
- Analyzing Google Analytics and Adwords to propose new trends, content topics and strategies to achieve company’s goals.
- Briefing content creators and freelancers about new topics and story guidelines/approach.
- Assisting and training content creators and freelancers with editorial content, multimedia and SEO, keeping in mind company’s goals and standards.
- Editing and fact-checking team’s daily content submissions to suggest improvements, changes.
- Curating images of runway collections every season.
- Keeping the website up-to-date for company’s brand strategy, checking for daily updates, broken links and content edits.
- Business communication both with company employees and magazine readers regarding new content, etc.
- Communicating with prospective content contributors and setting up training sessions with new employees.
- Contacting fashion and beauty brands and PR Reps for press releases and updates.
- Communicating with clients for business development, and planning sponsored posts.
- Creating press releases to maximize our brand’s reach and visibility.
- Communicating with guest writers.
- Creating and scheduling daily multimedia content (text, images, links, slideshows) on various social media channels.
- Photo editing, creating and designing imagery for website and social sharing.
- Exploring new channels of communication, new technologies, multimedia such as video, audio, etc.
You will gain working knowledge of
- How to manage a content team
- Business communication and social media marketing
- How to effectively promote a new business
- How to identify new fashion, media and technology trends
- Web publishing and analysis tools
- This is just the tip of the iceberg. In our team we encourage a flow of ideas and appreciate fresh talent. You can learn from our knowledge and experience as much as you are willing to.
- You salary will be decided based on qualification and experience.
- The office is located in Chennai. Official work hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm. Part-time jobs can be considered. Candidates must have a laptop.
How to Apply
To be considered, please send in your resumes with 2 writing/ editing samples at contact(at)shilpaahuja(dot)com.