Fashion Journalism Internships
Date: March 1, 2020
Position: Fashion Journalist Intern
This internship is a part of Shilpa Ahuja Digital Media Summer Internship Program. Please read more about it here for details on scope, duration and selection criteria.
ShilpaAhuja.com is one of India’s most-read digital fashion magazines. With solid research-based fashion trend forecasting & relatable style advice, Shilpa Ahuja strives to inspire confidence through fashion and lifestyle. We have extended our reach through a Q&A page, fashion dictionary, and our very own comic series, Audrey O. We have collaborated with brands like Nike, Dior, MAC, Farfetch, Nexa, SSense, Expedia, etc. ShilpaAhuja.com has a reach of over 250,000 social media followers and over 270,000 organic monthly pageviews. Please read more about us here.
ShilpaAhuja.com is a part of Shilpa Ahuja Digital Media, an online publishing company that also includes HowtoGetinto-Harvard.com, a Harvard admissions guide, CareerNuts.com, a career encyclopedia and OpiniOwn.com, a community publication for people to share their opinions.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working students or fresh graduates who are have attention-to-detail and a command over the English language. If you care about achieving targets and challenging yourself to try new things, then you may be the right person for this job. You are ambitious and open to others ideas as much as contributing your own to the pool.
Fashion journalism and research, interviewing skills, fashion analysis & knowledge of fashion history & international industry, copywriting, SEO
Skills You Know Or Want to Learn
Editing skills, keyword research, WordPress, HTML, CSS, SEO, Photoshop and graphic design, Hootsuite, Google Analytics/ Trends, Photography etc.
- Research latest fashion trends for new topic ideas
- Research relevant keyword for new articles
- Curating images of runway collections
- Writing articles on fashion advice, beauty trends, lifestyle, celebrity fashion and latest collections of high street brands.
- Maintaining article database, Updating SEO of all archives by tweaking titles, keywords, meta data
- Keeping archives up-to-date for website format, advertisements, sponsored links etc.
- Contacting fashion and beauty brands for press releases and updates
- Photo editing, creating and designing blog imagery
- Scheduling community updates on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Tracking and optimizing website performance by tweaking code and design where needed
- Designing blog branding elements as required such as logo, social media graphics, web pages and headers.
You will gain working knowledge of
- Article writing, research and editing.
- Fashion analysis and forecasting.
- How to communicate ideas through illustrations, images and info-graphics.
- How to identify new lifestyle and beauty trends.
- How to review and critique runway collections.
- Web publishing tools, SEO and technologies.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. In our team we encourage a flow of ideas and appreciate fresh talent. You can learn from our knowledge and experience as much as you are willing to.
Stipend is incentive based, depending on published articles (not submitted drafts); For publication, interns are responsible for completion of their articles including SEO, editing, revision & imagery; First assignment is unpaid.
Interns will also get the opportunity to get their work published on ShilpaAhuja.com or other websites of our parent company if selected, and if it meets the journalistic/quality standards.
You will receive written feedback from our team members to help you improve your work. Upon completion of the internship program, interns will receive a certificate of completion, and depending on your performance, a letter of recommendation.
Internships are a great way to learn new skills, improve your work under the guidance of experienced professionals, gain valuable work experience, build a resume, get references.
The office is located in Chennai. Official work hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm. Currently we are considering only work-from-home internships. Candidates must have a laptop.
How to Apply
To be considered, please send in your resumes with 2 writing samples at contact(at)shilpaahuja(dot)com.