Date: March 26, 2020
Position: Visual Content Creator & Graphic Designer Intern
ShilpaAhuja.com is one of India’s most-read digital fashion magazines. With solid research-based fashion trend forecasting & relatable style advice, Shilpa Ahuja strives to inspire confidence through fashion and lifestyle. We have extended our reach through a Q&A page, fashion dictionary, and our very own comic series, Audrey O. We have collaborated with brands like Nike, Dior, MAC, Farfetch, Nexa, SSense, Expedia, etc. ShilpaAhuja.com has a reach of over 250,000 social media followers and over 270,000 organic monthly pageviews, more than Elle.in, Grazia and Verve.
ShilpaAhuja.com is a part of Shilpa Ahuja Digital Media, an online publishing company that also includes HowtoGetinto-Harvard.com, a Harvard admissions guide, CareerNuts.com, a career encyclopedia and OpiniOwn.com, a community publication for people to share their opinions.
We need a creative visual story teller who knows graphic designing. We are looking for passionate, hard-working students or fresh graduates who have attention-to-detail and a command over graphics designing softwares such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator. If you care about achieving targets and challenging yourself to try new things, then you may be the right person for this job. You are ambitious and open to others ideas as much as contributing your own to the pool.
Freshers are welcome to apply. Candidates must have good visual designing skills. A basic knowledge of the international fashion scene and vocabulary is expected.
Fashion research, graphics designing & infographic content creating skills, knowledge of fashion products & international brands, Adobe Photoshop
Skills you know or want to learn: Fashion vocabulary, Web Design, SEO, SEM, graphic design, Google Trends, Photography etc.
- Creating visual content for new and existing articles
- Photo Editing, creating and designing blog imagery
- Creating infographics for SlubWords pages
- Creating visual imagery for community updates on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Analysing and tracking visual design needs of the company
- Designing blog branding elements as required such as logo, social media graphics, web pages and headers.
You will gain working knowledge of
- How to communicate ideas through illustrations, images and info-graphics
- How to create social media ads to effectively promote a new business
- How to visually communicate new fashion trends & fashion lingo
- How to do visual story telling that brings traffic and communicates brand value
- Web publishing tools and technologies
This is just the tip of the iceberg. In our tem we encourage a flow of ideas and appreciate fresh talent. You can learn from our knowledge and experience as much as you are willing to.
This is an unpaid internship.
Interns will also get the opportunity to get their work published on ShilpaAhuja.com or other websites of our parent company if selected, and if it meets the journalistic/quality standards.
You will receive written feedback from our team members to help you improve your work. Upon completion of the internship program, interns will receive a certificate of completion, and depending on your performance, a letter of recommendation.
The office is located in Chennai. Official work hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm. Currently we are considering only work-from-home internships. Candidates must have a laptop.
To apply, candidates must send 2-3 visual/infographic samples along with a resume to contact(at)shilpaahuja(dot)com.