Metallic lips are the popular trend which took 2017 by storm. Discover the trend here and also a few celeb-inspired ideas on how to wear them!
Hey charming! The hottest trend of matte lipsticks is slowly falling into the lap of metallic lips. The time when we used to rush to YouTube to check out liquid matte lipstick swatches and reviews, has finally moved onto the shimmery, bold metallic lips this season. Some people use metallic and glossy lips interchangeably but metallic lips focus more on the bold, sparkling element for the lips. Keeping in line with the revival of yesteryear trends, these metallic lippies have time-traveled from the 90s.
Metallic lipsticks were the #5 trend in our list of top lipstick trends for 2017. While nudes and reds were seen on the Fall 2017 runways, metallic lips have been spotted as a must-try trend on the red carpet and top makeup brands Instagrams.
Latest Trends in Metallic Lips
A popular trend on Instagram from Dior to M.A.C., metallic lipsticks are super glam. Beauty bloggers and makeup artists from across the world have incorporated this number into their tutorials. The transition from glitter lips of last year to metallic lips has ensured that the bling is on.
Rose gold and gold are undeniably the top shades in metallic lips this season. We also saw pale gold, metallic peach, copper, metallic nude and quirky shades like metallic blue. From bright electric blues to shimmery golds, top brands including Huda beauty, Tom Ford, and Urban Decay have come with vivid colors giving the trend a life of its own. Check out some of our favorites.
How and Where to Wear Metallic Lips
Pairing bold colors with soft eyes, or creating a monochromatic day look with shimmery lips are the best ways to wear this trend.
- Night Outs: Bold colors rock the pubs and night outs, pair them with leather skirts and crop tops to get the wow look.
- Work: Metallic browns can be an easy alternative to matte lipsticks on a boring Wednesday at work. Wear them with your crisp white shirt.
- Date: Look sexy on your date night with a classic LBD and wear rose gold metallic lipstick.
- Casual Outings: Put on your casual dresses like T-shirt dress or a maxi and wear a brown colored metallic lipstick to have all eyes on you.
Celebrity Inspired Ways to Wear Metallic lips
Easily the undaunted trend of the year, makeup artists dolled the likes of Kardashians to Rihanna making it the biggest hit of the year. It’s hard for celebrities to resist this trend and hence it has been spotted on many of our favorite celebrities at the red carpet events. Kylie Jenner is such a huge fan of this trend that she even has a whole set of metallic shades in her lip collection this year.
So, that’s all you need to know to get started with this trend of metallic lips. Which shades are you looking forward to trying? Do let us know by tweeting @shilpa1ahuja.
You may also like:
– Best Hair and Makeup Looks from Paris Couture Fashion Week 2018!
– 8 Latest Matte Liquid Lipstick Trends You Gotta Try in 2018!
– New Hairstyles for Women for Spring Summer 2018
– Trendy Hair Accessories for Spring Summer 2018
Please refer to the article for individual guest author’s bio and details. For any questions, feedback or concerns, please email [email protected]