Indian fashion is a whole mood in itself. And that’s why an Indian outfit on Instagram deserves its own type of quote. From poetic to sassy, here are 50 traditional outfit captions for Instagram for your ethnic dress pics.
Hey gorgeous! Salwaar kameez, lehengas, gowns, anarkalis – there’s no dearth of beautiful Indian traditional outfits in our country. And whenever we wear traditional outfits, we’re sure to get compliments! It always becomes a special occasion when we wear Indian attire. They always make us feel so elegant and graceful.
50 Traditional Outfit Captions for Instagram
From college farewells to Ethnic Day/ Traditional Day at the office to our cousins’ weddings, there are so many occasions that give us the opportunity to take those ethnic pics for Instagram. And of course, they require a traditional status for Insta. So everyone needs traditional outfit captions for Instagram!
I’ve seen (and made) countless Instagram captions, and when it comes to traditional outfits, every girl wants her Insta quote to be different. Some girls like short and sweet. Some stick to the basics and make it about fashion and confidence. Some like patriotic quotes about Indian pride. And some want poetic or romantic quotes. And then there are many of us who love sassy traditional outfit captions for Instagram that are full of attitude!
But worry not, I’m here to help. From romantic to full-of-attitude to patriotic, I’ve created 50 Indian ethnic wear quotes. Say bye bye to your Instagram quote woes, because there’s one here for you no matter what your need is! Be ready to be discovered. 😛 So no matter what your occasion or mood is, I’m sure you’ll find the perfect one for you here. Let’s go!
Traditional Captions: Sassy Lehenga Quotes for Instagram
Let’s start with every Indian girl’s favorite attire (other than saree, of course!) – the lehenga! Lehenga is the perfect Indian attire for weddings, fancy parties, sangeet nights and religious ceremonies. Personally, I love wearing lehengas, and taking pictures in them. So it’s obvious that I made so many Indian outfit quotes that you can use for your lehenga selfies or OOTDs.
Well, I use lehenga in these quotes, but really, you can replace that with some other ethnic outfit and a lot of these captions will still work as traditional outfit captions for Instagram. So check them out!
- I may not know how to make an aloo paratha, but I can certainly rock a lehenga like a pro!
- I like my money where I can see it. Hanging around my waist!
- Tomorrow, the lehenga will come off and I’ll be back to my usual, nerdy self in an extra-large teeshirt and glasses. But until then, let me feel like a well-put together, royal Indian princess!
- This selfie is brought to you after rejecting 49 lehengas to choose this one, and 149 other selfies to choose this one. Please like!
- Happiness is… wearing a lehenga.
- A lehenga has the power to make even a dork like me look like a demure yet sexy rose!
- Don’t mistake me for a demure damsel when I’m in this pretty lehenga. I’m a savage rebel no matter what I wear.
- Rocking a couture lehenga like a sweatshirt today!
- As far as a lehenga is concerned, Robert Venturi was right: more is more and less is a bore!
- Keeping our Indian traditions alive… One lehenga at a time!
- If India is a canvas, lehenga is the art.
- Lehenga is so powerful. Whenever we Indian girls want compliments, we just don a lehenga and all we need to do is simply walk into a room and hear wows and gasps!
- The thing I love about a lehenga is that unlike a gown, every girl looks good in it, no matter what skin-tone, shape, size or budget she has!
Traditional Outfit Captions for Instagram Pics
Whether you’re rocking a kurta or an anarkali suit, these ethnic outfit captions will go your pics. From glamorous to simple, I have made some quotes for every type of outfit and occasion. Some of these are even useful for boys. Hey, I know a lot of our readers are male.
When you don’t know what to write with your beautiful pic, let these traditional outfit captions for Instagram come to your rescue. You can even use these as caption for Maharashtrian look or other ethnic looks. Simply copy and paste!
- A kurta is its own kind of beautiful.
- Indian fashion is a complex language of glamour, modesty and seduction.
- Our traditional attire has taken hundreds of years, generations of fashion designers and tens of thousands of iterations to make a mark on the world. And I’m proud of it!
- Our traditional fashion is pure. Sometimes I just wanna wear it like this, without ruining it with the “western touches”.
- Latest fashion trends take effort. But an Indian woman can always carry our traditional clothing effortlessly.
- Indian Day is when we all forget our complaints about the country’s governments and policies, and come together to appreciate how incredibly sexy our traditional clothing looks!
- The simplest Indian outfits never go out of style. They’re elegant, classy and make an Indian girl look more glam than any western dress.
- An Indian girl doesn’t need a million dollar couture gown. She just needs her ethnic attire to look beautiful.
- Wearing traditional clothes doesn’t mean you’re old fashioned, it just means you’re bold enough to challenge trends.
- No matter how many shorts or strapless minis an Indian girl wears, deep down she’ll always be a cute desi girl in an anarkali!
- Wearing traditional clothes is a way of letting the world know who I am without having to say it.
- Indian clothing is about preserving centuries’ worth of traditions. ‘Cuz it’s not tradition if it’s new.
- Traditional fashion doesn’t mean to look after the ashes. But to keep the flames of our culture alive!
- Indian clothing is always the best of what I might wear!
- A girl who loves Indian fashion never says she has nothing to wear! Anarkalis, sarees, lehengas, shararas – Indian attires are like a fashion rainbow, you’ll never run out of options.
Short Traditional Captions for Instagram
Want Indian outfit captions for Instagram that are short and sweet? Not too poetic, but just to the point? Well this section is perfect for you! Just add some hashtags to make your point like #traditionalwear or #ethnicwear #indianfashion and see how thousands of Instagrammers discover and like your pic.
- When in doubt, wear an Indian outfit!
- Let the Indian-ness show! Life is too short to blend in.
- The joy of dressing is in wearing an Indian dress!
- Leaving a little sparkle wherever I go. Literally!
- Shine is my favorite color.
- Rocking my ethnicity!
- One must be in tune with the times to appreciate traditions.
- You can’t live an Indian life without Indian clothes!
- In a world full of trends, sometimes a girl just wants to wear something classic.
- Ethnic dresses truly are dresses with a soul.
- Without tradition, art is like a flock of sheep without a Shepard.
- Flaunting my Indian-ness…
- Got that desi feeling!
- Fashion gives meaning to ethnicity. And ethnicity gives us an identity.
- People will stare. Make it worth their while! – Harry Winston
Traditional Outfit Captions for Instagram about India
Feeling patriotic? Well, our ethnic ensembles kinda make us feel all proud to be an Indian, don’t they! I don’t know about you, but whenever I wear something ethnic, I fall in love with India all over again! Ooh, and let’s not even mention that awesome, warm , fuzzy feeling when we see someone dressed in a traditional outfit at an international airport, or at one’s foreign university. Anyway, I’m drifting from the point…!
So here I’ve made some traditional outfit captions for Instagram that’ll just show your followers what a proud Indian citizen you are! Hope you can find the perf caption for traditional wear here:
- When it’s a special occasion, Indian women like to wear something bold. Something glam. Something classy yet sexy. Something Indian!
- Indian fashion is very unique. Each and every little flower, each golden thread, the countless hours it takes to painstakingly make it fit the wearer. Indian fashion is complex. It’s made of dreams. Like the Indian women themselves!
- There’s a reason wearing Indian fashion makes every woman so proud. Colourful, intricate, perfectly draped and uniquely fitted, it’s the perfect representation of our culture.
- Just like our country, Indian fashion rarely changes and never forgets.
- Just because an Indian girl dresses differently than the rest of the world’s women, doesn’t mean she’s old-fashioned. Our fashion is a power, an identity, a language.
- The future belongs to those who can appreciate their traditions.
- Traditions are not just important in Indian fashion. They’re the only thing.
- Actually, you know what, I got one more traditional outfit caption for Instagram for you…
- I am happiest when I wear Indian attire. And that’s not even because it’s so easy to carry off.
Traditional Saree Captions for Instagram
Don’t forget to check out my other article: 50 Saree Quotes for Instagram.
Ethnic Suit Salwar Quotes for Instagram
I wrote a whole set of 50 quotes for suits, so check out Punjabi Suit Quotes for Instagram | Best Indian Suit Salwar Captions.
So I hope these traditional outfit captions for Instagram were helpful. If they were, lemme know your thoughts down below in the comments section! Also, if you use a caption for ethnic pic from this list on Instagram to go with your gorgeous image, I’d love it if you put my name as the author of the quote. Do tag me @shilpaahujadotcom, and I’ll be sure to like your pic!
Shilpa Ahuja the editor-in-chief of ShilpaAhuja.com, which she founded with the goal of inspiring confidence in the modern working woman through fashion. Other than defining the direction of the magazine, she also writes about fashion & beauty trend forecasts, industry analysis, and opinions.
Shilpa’s work has been published in the University of Fashion blog and Jet Airways magazine. She is also an artist, illustrator and cartoonist. She is also the creator of Audrey O., a comic series that represents the lifestyle of millennial women. She enjoys creative writing and world travel. Her art has been exhibited at Harvard Graduate School of Design and the Aroma Hotel, Chandigarh and been published in Chandigarh Times.
Originally from Chandigarh, Shilpa also has a degree in architecture and has worked in interior project management. She is also the author of the book “Designing a Chinese Cultural Center in India”. Shilpa has a Masters in Design Studies degree from Harvard University.
For feedback and questions, please email [email protected]