And as we watch this beautiful fashion story unfold, why don’t we also take a look back into her best fashion in recent years? I have selected my 10 faves amongst her fashion and beauty moments, and amongst red carpet, street looks and photo shoots.
10. Rihanna looked super chic and chill as she dressed in this feminine lilac gown and rocked her assistant’s beach wedding, bridesmaid style.
9. Her white floor-sweeping backless dress from 2014 Met Gala was no match for the intricate and head-turner number she wore this year, but it is certainly hot and bold!
(Read about the Met Gala gown RiRi wore this year + more dresses at 10 Best (and Worst) Met Gala 2015 Dresses)
8. I love white dresses and Rihanna knows how to rock them. This sexy baby doll dress she wore at New York Fashion Week 2015 at Adam Selman’s Spring Summer ’15 show is cute paired with tie-up shoes and pearls.
7. Let’s take a look at yet another white gown she wore. This one’s a Greek goddess-inspired long-slit gown with cowl neck and knot detail that she wore at Battleship Premiere. Rihanna paired it with red lips and less eye-makeup with a gold cuff.
6. She shows she’s the boss even when she’s off-duty. Rihanna’s bubblegum pink jumpsuit with a matching jacket and a dramatic fur scarf is very elegant. Plus I love the minimalistic makeup look that makes her look youthful and look at that big smile!
5. RiRi was on the cover of V magazine’s summer issue that came out this April. Check out her look that’s a pop of color and so summery! Love the color palette – sky blue eye shadow paired with orange nails, large sea green rings, and pink hoodie.
4. I love this beautiful strapless (and white again) Oscar de la Renta gown she wore to 2011 Brit Awards that has lovely red rose applique on it. And the long red bob makes her quite a fashion chameleon.
3. Rihanna made big headlines when she wore her very sheer dress made out of Swarovski crystals at the CFDA awards 2014. I’m not a huge fan of see-through dresses but I love this grey crystal look of hers with this head scarf and black smokey eye makeup. And the heavy eyes are well balanced with the almost nude lips. Very celebrity.
2. This black evening gown she wore at 2012 Grammy Awards is simple and yet stunning, with a deep V neckline and a long slit. The light lips and the black smokey eyes also look great.
1. This sexy and so beautiful red gown Rihanna wore at Grammy Awards 2013 is my favourite look of hers so far. The dress has a sheer criss-cross top and it is flowy and floor-sweeping. Plus her hair and makeup are just perfect for this dress. Take a look:
Also check out her orange-red nail polish. Also notice how her eye makeup is simple yet again to balance the red lips. She sure does know how to have a great beauty moment.
So, there you have it! The RiRi magic. Which has been your favorite and least fave look of hers? And what did you think of her Dior commercial? Comment below!!
Shilpa Ahuja a designer and entrepreneur. She is the editor-in-chief of ShilpaAhuja.com, which she founded with the goal of inspiring confidence in the modern working woman through fashion.
Fashion has traditionally been for the rich, white, thin woman. That’s how it evolved over centuries and that’s how it’s been represented in fashion media. But Shilpa believes that with the changing role of women in the society, fashion has changed, too. She believes that fashion is for everyone, regardless of their age, gender, color, body type and background. So she translates runway fashion into easy style advice that one can incorporate into their daily lives.
Shilpa’s work has been published in the University of Fashion blog and Jet Airways magazine. She is also an artist, illustrator and cartoonist. She is also the creator of Audrey O., a comic series that represents the lifestyle of millennial women. She enjoys creative writing and world travel. Her art has been exhibited at Harvard Graduate School of Design and the Aroma Hotel, Chandigarh and been published in Chandigarh Times.
Originally from Chandigarh, Shilpa also has a professional degree in architecture and has worked in interior project management. She is also the author of the book “Designing a Chinese Cultural Center in India”. Shilpa has a Masters in Design Studies degree from Harvard University. For feedback and questions, please email [email protected]