The happy season, summer is here! Discover our summer fashion tips to be stylish yet comfortable, even in the worst of summers.
Hey gorgeous! It’s summer and it means time to hit the shore, chill with your friends and to sport easy breezy outfits. But summer also means dealing with the humongous temperatures. In India, summers are usually too hot and unbearable. Most of our outfits become unwearable all of a sudden, and you’re left with that one sentence every woman says often, “I have nothing to wear!” In this scorching heat, you want to sport something comfortable, like too comfortable.
I’m saying this because, I stay in Chennai (one of the hottest cities) and I literally sweat it out – when I’m travelling, when I take a walk and even when I’m sitting idle. LOL! I’m exaggerating it because I’m from Bangalore so I really don’t know what the real summer is! So, when I discussed summer wear with Shilpa (who has lived in different cities in India), she gave me fabulous tips. And with my personal experience in Chennai, we made a list of summer fashion tips for the summer peaktimes.
Let’s check them out!
Summer Fashion Tips
Best and Worst Summer Fabrics
The basic fashion tips start with the fabrics. You need to wear the right fabric to avoid irritation and allergies. Choose something light like, cotton, khadi, crepe jersey and linen fabric. Choose breathable fabrics and avoid fabrics like polyster, georgette, satin and silk.
The Perfect Summer Colors
Whites and light pastels work best in the deadliest of summers. Go for light shades like sky blue, yellow and creams. Avoid darker shades as much as possible, especially black as it absorbs more heat. You can try color blocking or prints, as they look perfect in the summer. If you still wanna wear black, then wear it in the evenings or for night parties when the temperature comes down a bit.
Prints & Embellishments
Go for cute summery and quirky prints like fruit, leaves, florals and so on. Embellishments like sequins, stones or beads are major irritants. So at least in the daytime, go for appliquéd or plain fabrics.
Summer Fashion Essentials
Stack up your wardrobe with summer must haves like tee shirts, fitted jeans, skirts, shorts and cotton kurtis. I will be doing an in detail post on summer fashion essentials. Stay tuned!
Intimates and Lingerie
Try cotton bras or bralettes, especially non-wired ones for extreme comfort. Avoid lacy bras in the hot days.
- You can wear simple accessories like chokers, multi layered chain necklaces, fringed earrings or rings! Keep it chic and easy.
- Sunglasses are a must have, so invest in a good pair. Go for berry shades, mirror and gradient ombré sunglasses as they look super trendy in the summer!
- A sling bag, fanny pack or cross-body bag is the best option for summer. To be hassle free, go for backpacks.
- Use your scarf for multiple purposes – as a headband, bandana, turban, tie it to your bag handle (so you can use it when it’s too hot and to make a style statement, too!)
- Skinny belts are in! Pair them with jeans and dresses.
- A pair of comfortable shoes is essential for summer. Try white sneakers, slip ons, classic pumps and embellished shoes and graphic print loafers. Espadrilles and wedges work well in the summers, too.
Makeup for Summer
Summer is full of life. So, don’t hesitate to wear bright colors. Opt for bright pink blush, colored eyeliners bright mascaras or vibrant eyeshadow and lipsticks. It’s better to use light liquid foundation over the creamy or mousse ones. You can try BB cream instead, too! Also, avoid using kohl liner as it may get smudgy due to the sweating. Instead go for waterproof liquid or gel eyeliner. And Shilpa has a great tip – use lip liners over lip balm instead of lipsticks, as they last longer! Or go for tinted lip balms. Carry oil absorbing sheets if you have oily skin.
Also, don’t forget to stay hydrated in summer and take good care of your skin.
So, these were our list of summer fashion tips. Hope you liked them! Happy summer!