What type of indo-western clothing would suit a healthy woman? im 32 yrs healthy woman .i like indo western garments.what kind of clothing suits me?
It’s very true that most of the Indian and Indo-western clothing is designed keeping in mind an average-built tall and “slim” woman, which leaves petites like myself and curvy women like yourself wondering what to wear.
But we won’t let that stop us from looking fabulous, will we? First you have to understand exactly what clothing will suit you according to your body type.
Curvy women usually have heavy hips and/or full breasts, and some have problem areas like thighs or tummy fat. Most curvy women have a combination of these characteristics. But generally, there’s one prominent “asset”, so I have categorized curvy women into 4 types – heavy thighs, well-defined waist, full hips and full breasts.
Indo-Western Clothing for Curvy Women
Indo-Western Clothing for Women with Heavy Thighs:
- If you have heavy thighs, avoid short kurtis or crop-tops, Avoid slim pants because they’ll accentuate your problem areas.
- Wear floor-length flared gowns in light fabrics like georgette, chiffon or satin.
- Knee-length or asymmetric kurtas will cover the upper thighs. Wear them with loose palazzo pants
- Wear Aladdin pants or salwars in floaty fabrics like satin and pair them with thigh-length ponchos.
Indo-Western Clothing for Women with a Well-Defined Waist:
- Show off your well-defined waist in crop-tops. Pair them with salwar or trousers and dupatta.
- Wear tailored off-shoulder or cut-out asymmetric kurtas with chooridar to show off your curves.
- You can also flaunt your waist in crop tops with shorts, and pair a matching dupatta with it.
Indo-Western Clothing for Women with Full Hips:
- For pear-shaped women, elongated lines work wonders. So wear long front-open embroidered jackets with slim-fit pants.
- Long shirts work well for women with full-hips, because they accentuate the curves while hiding the problem areas. So try asymmetric kurtas and hip-covering front-slit kurtas.
- Gowns also suit pear-shaped women, so wear an Indo-western one with a sheer poncho.
Indo-Western Clothing for Women with Full Breasts:
- If you wanna flaunt your cleavage, try a salwar jumpsuit with a plunging neckline.
- Wear a hip-length kurta with salwar for an elegant look
- Asymmetric long tops will balance out your hip to breast proportion. Pair them with flared pants. This will add no extra volume in the top-half, but will make the bottom-half equally curvy, mimicking the hour-glass figure.
Hope you got a lot of ideas! Also check out: