The Pre-fall 2015 collections are quite diverse. Yet, I wanted to share just five common trends and my favorites that we’ll see and want to get this season! Here are five latest trends for this season to have in your closet:
1. 70’s Inspired Tailored Sophistication Thankfully, this will be a season of clean lines and sophisticated, tailored jackets, creased ankle-length and above-the-ankle trousers and straight above-the-knee skirts paired with tall boots and heels. This is at the top of our list because this is my personal favorite style, and was also seen in the pre-fall collections of many major fashion houses- Dior, Georgio Armani, Chanel, Alexander Wang, Gucci, Prada. Armani even came up with “architectural” pieces. See the new fashion pieces for yourself!
2. Animal Prints, Patterns and Motifs on Accessories Looks like this trend is back from just a handful of seasons ago! We saw giraffe motifs, deer antlers, leopard prints, zebra prints, and crocodile skin pattern this fall. Roberto Cavalli’s Pre Fall 2015 collection has animal print on jackets, pants and dresses too.
Sergio Rossi’s Angelo Ruggeri Mark Cross
Eddie Parker’s Brett Heyman Brian Atwood
3. Small print This ranges from space print we absolutely adored in Valentino’s much talked about Pre-Fall 2015 collection, to flowering plants again by Valentino, and opulent and exotic floral prints and embroidery by Chanel and geometric small print of Dior sweaters.
4. Black and Brown with a Hint of White This season saw a practical color palette of black and browns from mocha to beige to camel with hints of off-whites and snow whites. Fashion houses like Georgio Armani, Dior, Vera Wang and Chanel all showcased this trend. Armani, Vera Wang, Chanel, Alexander Wang, Prada and Roberto Cavalli even featured head-to-toe black. We love!
5. Subtle Color Pop and Sparkle From shoes to jacket collars, this season saw trends that pair every solid piece like jackets and trousers with accessories that have a pop of color and sparkle. Such a nice way to dress up for a day out to work.
Let’s see what Autumn-WInter has in hold for us…!
Shilpa Ahuja the editor-in-chief of ShilpaAhuja.com, which she founded with the goal of inspiring confidence in the modern working woman through fashion. Other than defining the direction of the magazine, she also writes about fashion & beauty trend forecasts, industry analysis, and opinions.
Shilpa’s work has been published in the University of Fashion blog and Jet Airways magazine. She is also an artist, illustrator and cartoonist. She is also the creator of Audrey O., a comic series that represents the lifestyle of millennial women. She enjoys creative writing and world travel. Her art has been exhibited at Harvard Graduate School of Design and the Aroma Hotel, Chandigarh and been published in Chandigarh Times.
Originally from Chandigarh, Shilpa also has a degree in architecture and has worked in interior project management. She is also the author of the book “Designing a Chinese Cultural Center in India”. Shilpa has a Masters in Design Studies degree from Harvard University.
For feedback and questions, please email [email protected]