From body con dresses to rompers, there are no limits to what a plus sized girl can rock despite her fears. Here are 6 plus size college fashion ideas!
Hey gorgeous! The first and foremost thing in terms of plus size fashion is to really find your body type and understand it. No matter what your body shape is – pear, diamond, hour glass, rectangle, or strawberry, plus sized women can rock just about anything that flatters their body type. It’s all in how you carry yourself and the outfit. Hiding yourself under baggy and oversized clothes won’t do you any favors. If anything, it’s gonna make you look bigger!
It’s time to feel stylish and sexy every time you look at yourself in the mirror. Choose outfits that flatter your figure and flaunt your best parts. So, ditch all those loose, ill-fitted clothes, put down the magazines that say fashion is only for thin girls and start embracing your body and dressing in a way that makes you feel truly beautiful. Just remember – whatever you wear, wear it with confidence! So let’s take a look at some outfit ideas for plus size college fashion!
5 Plus Size College Fashion Ideas
1. Printed Romper Plus Size Outfit
It’s always been said that black is the ultimate slimming color. Yes, it is but it doesn’t mean you should stay away from other colors! And how flattering an outfit is, usually comes down to the fit and not the print or color.
1. Try rompers with ruching at the waistline.
2. Rompers with over-skirts are ideal as opposed to the regular shorts if you’re worried about your thighs.
3. In case you have a diamond-shaped body, go for one with an empire waistline.
4. Dress it down with some gladiator flats for college or dress it up with wedges for a brunch date.
2. Plus Size Dresses for College
A-line or fit and flare dresses are one of the most flattering silhouettes in plus size clothing. If hips and thighs are your problem areas, this look will do you wonders!
1. You can go for a high-low shirt-dress. High-low dresses look chic in the front without having the risk of revealing too much when you bend.
2. Go for wrap dresses or baby doll dresses, both of which will give the illusion of an hourglass figure as they accentuate the waist.
3. Another great plus size fashion idea is to wear a shift dress and belt it at the waist. You can also try the designer logo belts.
4. Team it with a pair of ballet embellished pumps and a cross body bag.
For a college party, body con and other such tight fitted dresses are ideal. Plus sized girls usually tend to stay away from them but with the right fabric and cut, they can look amazing!
1. Choose body con dresses in slightly thicker fabrics like velvet ’cause it will smooth out all the bumps and lumps. Also, velvet dresses are quite trendy this season. Or go for sequins if it’s a disco party or night-out!
2. Anything that isn’t too covered up and shows a little skin at your best parts will instantly make you look ten times better. So, think along the lines of plunge necklines, off-shoulders, shoulder cut-outs, etc.
3. As for shoes, high heels are great as they elongate the legs! Go for nude shades to give a slimming effect.
3. Skinny Jeans Plus Size College Fashion
If you’re a plus sized girl and you stick to wearing baggy or loose jeans, it’s seriously time to revamp your wardrobe! You can pull off skinny jeans as much as the next person.
1. High-waisted skinny jeans are more flattering as they create definition and also avoid muffin tops when paired with tops ruched at the waist.
2. Pair them with a fitted top (steer clear of loose ones!). You can also tuck it in if you prefer to.
3. And if you’re still feeling conscious, there’s always the option of throwing on a long cardigan or jacket to hide those tyres and give the illusion of a slimmer waist.
4. A-line Skirt Plus Size Outfit Idea
1. When it comes to skirts for plus size outfits, A-line is your go-to silhouette.
2. It’s fitted at the waist and not too tight at the hip and thigh area, if that’s something you’re worried about. And it’s wider at the hemline creating an ‘A’ shape.
3. Bonus if it’s high-waist ’cause it’ll give the illusion of longer legs.
4. Wear it with a fitted top or a tee tucked in to the skirt. However, if you’re worried about you arms while wearing a sleeveless top, add on a denim jacket to the look.
5. Layering Plus Size College Wear
Layering for plus size can be quite tricky ’cause you don’t wanna end up looking bulky.
1. Stay away from thick chunky knit sweaters and go for ones in a lighter wool fabric.
2. If your jacket is cropped, you can go for a slightly longer top underneath it.
3. Also, belted trench or wool coats that tie at the waist look great on a fuller figure.
4. Finish off this fall plus size fashion look with a warm scarf and booties. Avoid the thick ones that will add unnecessary extra inches. Keep the accessories sleek and sophisticated.
So, those were my ideas for plus size college fashion. Hope they gave you ideas on how you can accentuate your curves rather than hiding them! Do let us know if they helped you by tweeting @shilpa1ahuja! 😀