I’ve a sun-burn on my nose (both side) in a small round shape. Can you please guide me to avoid it.
Thank you 🙂
Sahana Govindaraju answered
Hi Rishi! Thanks for writing in! Excessive exposure to sunlight or when the skin is exposed to the sun when it’s the hottest leads to sunburn. However, you can’t completely get rid of sunburns. But by taking few precautionary steps, you can reduce it with natural cure for sunburn.
How to Avoid Sunburn
- Avoid going out during the hottest part of the day. If you can’t, then wear a cap, sunglasses and apply sunscreen lotion to your face! If you’re lazy like me, then apply the moisturizer that has SPF while leaving home!
- If your skin is too sensitive, indulge in cleansing every three days or once in a week. You don’t have to spend a bomb on cleansers. You can cleanse your face with raw milk that’s easily available! By cleansing your skin gets rid of impurities.
- Stay hydrated, especially when your routine involves going out during the day. Drink plenty of water and keep taking sips every fifteen minutes.
- And lastly, maintain a well-balanced diet. Most of the skin allergies are caused due to inadequate nutrition. Have greens and proteins. Try to include different colored veggies into your diet!
How to Treat Sunburn | Natural Cure for Sunburn
- If the sunburn is moderate or causing itchiness, then dip a cotton ball in raw milk and apply it on the sunburn. This will soothe the skin instantly. You can try tomato juice, too!
- You can try rubbing it with ice by covering it with a paper towel.
- Honey is also a good option for instant relief. Try Aloe vera if not allergic to it!
- Do not use harsh creams or ointments without consulting a doctor. Also, avoid facials in salons when you’re suffering from sunburns.
- If the sunburn is severe, then consulting a doctor is necessary.
Also, check out men’s skincare and routine!
Sahana is a Senior Staff Writer at ShilpaAhuja.com. With an experience in fashion and lifestyle writing, Sahana is responsible for Indian and international fashion week coverage every year, and is developing an expertise in apparel trend forecasting. She also writes about health and fitness, having pursued yoga for 6 years now. She’s not a gym person at all but is all for “running in the park” and is an amateur cyclist. Books and coffee are her other passions. She’s also an amateur photographer. She’s a hardcore Bollywood fan and she loves to cover the nostalgic topics on the same. From fashion trends to famous characters, she can make anyone love Bollywood! Her best article has been 90s Bollywood fashion, a readers’ favorite so far! Prior to her experience with ShilpaAhuja.com, Sahana has written as a freelance author for online magazine, Mashup Corner, and interned at EventsHigh as a content writer. Her blogs on basic fashion, makeup, fitness and city’s food joints that gave her a chance to experiment with her writing. She also has voiced her opinions about feminism and equal rights for men and women at PolkaCafe journals and after quitting her job, she decided to take up writing as her full time career.
Sahana is an engineering graduate and has worked in an MNC, Tesco, for more than a year as an Operations Support. It was her sheer love for fashion that made her quit the monotonous 9 to 5 job to pursue a career in the fashion industry. She’s originally from Bangalore and is currently settled in Chennai (she’s loving the city)! For any queries and discussions, contact her at [email protected] You can also tweet her at https://twitter.com/Sahana_17