Suits are tailored quintessential clothing for men and define a gentleman’s style! Discover the most stylish and latest men’s suit trends for 2017!
Hey handsome! Every man needs suits in his wardrobe. They are classic and timeless outfits. Whether it’s for office, casual or parties, suits are a must have. But if you are wearing the same old suit that’s out of fashion, then it’s not cool! I mean your girl won’t be impressed, right?
Knowing the latest trend is important to keep your style up to date. Not to worry, your style BFFs are here to make it all simple for you. We went through all the menswear Fall Winter 2017 designer collections and selected the latest suit styles in men’s suits. Right from what color is in to what patterns are trendy, we made a list of the latest suit trends. This is your ultimate style guide for men’s suit trends for 2017.
So, let’s check them out!
Latest Colors in Men’s Suits
- Classic black, grey and navy are timeless colors, and were seen the most in the designer collections like Dior, Dolce & Gabbana and Versace.
- Brown, maroon, burgundy and even metallic gold ruled the runway this season. So, if you’re planning to buy one, then you have many options to try!
- To stand out, you can try the color blocking trend as it defines your style in a unique way like a navy blue suit paired with a grey color overcoat. Also try mixing your suit separates – we saw a dark colored jacket paired with lighter trousers.
Latest Fabrics in Men’s Suit Trends
We saw cotton, wool, brocade, velvet and satin silk. While wool is perfect for the winter season, try velvet, brocade and satin silk for weddings. Satin would be perfect for black-tie events and parties, too.
Patterns in Men’s Suits
We saw different patterns like stripes, checks, plaid, embroidered and even art prints! Invest in patterned jackets like the art print one – it’s eye-catching – and pair it with plain neutral-colored trousers. Plaids and pinstripes work best for office.
Men’s Tie Style Ideas
- Skinny ties are in! We saw them in collections the of Balenciaga, Dior and many more. The color combinations, too, were interesting – a brown tie was paired with a crimson suit. Wear contrasting ties and make a bold statement.
- Logo and bow ties, too, are super-hot this year.
Jacket Length, Sleeves and Trousers
- Go for hip length, butt-covering jackets in 2017.
- Crop is the new style statement both for trousers and sleeves. Keep the sleeves cropped till the wrist.
- Try double breasted jackets as they are in and we saw them in the collections of Dior, Versace and many more!
- We also saw cropped, loose fit, straight line trousers.
Latest Shirt Styles in Men’s Suits
Plain, striped and printed shirts are hot this season. Try striped shirt with striped suit or printed one with plaid suit to create a unique look. We also saw 18th century inspired shirts with ruffs on the button placket. And you can also try turtleneck sweaters or tees with suits for a bold look.
Men’s Statement Suits
We saw some cool statement suits this season like a sequin embellished jacket, small thread fringed suit – both by Dior – and an art print jacket by Dolce & Gabbana. If you want to stand out and be bold, then try these cool statement suits!
So, did you enjoy the latest men’s suit trends? What style of suit do you like to wear? Let us know in the comments below!
Sahana is a Senior Staff Writer at ShilpaAhuja.com. With an experience in fashion and lifestyle writing, Sahana is responsible for Indian and international fashion week coverage every year, and is developing an expertise in apparel trend forecasting. She also writes about health and fitness, having pursued yoga for 6 years now. She’s not a gym person at all but is all for “running in the park” and is an amateur cyclist. Books and coffee are her other passions. She’s also an amateur photographer. She’s a hardcore Bollywood fan and she loves to cover the nostalgic topics on the same. From fashion trends to famous characters, she can make anyone love Bollywood! Her best article has been 90s Bollywood fashion, a readers’ favorite so far! Prior to her experience with ShilpaAhuja.com, Sahana has written as a freelance author for online magazine, Mashup Corner, and interned at EventsHigh as a content writer. Her blogs on basic fashion, makeup, fitness and city’s food joints that gave her a chance to experiment with her writing. She also has voiced her opinions about feminism and equal rights for men and women at PolkaCafe journals and after quitting her job, she decided to take up writing as her full time career.
Sahana is an engineering graduate and has worked in an MNC, Tesco, for more than a year as an Operations Support. It was her sheer love for fashion that made her quit the monotonous 9 to 5 job to pursue a career in the fashion industry. She’s originally from Bangalore and is currently settled in Chennai (she’s loving the city)! For any queries and discussions, contact her at [email protected] You can also tweet her at https://twitter.com/Sahana_17