If you wanna try new hairstyles, having strong roots and shiny hair is key. Discover men’s hair care tips to look your best!
Hey handsome! Hair is one of the most important and noticeable features for men. To style and try different hairstyles, your hair needs to be strong from the roots. Plus, avoiding hair fall is a must for men. So, you need to do hair care the right way! You don’t need to spend too much money for hair care products or at salons. You can indulge in natural hair therapy and take right care of your hair right home.
We have listed simplest and most natural ways to keep your hair clean and well nourished. And it’s super easy! Let’s check ’em out!
Men’s Hair Care Ideas
For Dry Hair
If your hair tends to get dry, try oil massage every week or month, depending on its requirement. Whether it’s coconut, argan, olive or almond – whatever works for you.
Avoid all chemical heavy products like hairgels, shampoo and color, as they may dry the scalp, leading to hairfall. Also see hair care tips at the end of this article. Try no shampoo or a natural cleanser.
Also check out: Best Shampoo for Color Treated Hair: Make Those Highlights Last
- Keep your hair clean. Wash it after you workout. You don’t want the sweat to stay in your scalp, because dust particles and sweat lead to dandruff. So, even if you don’t shampoo daily, wash your hair with water alone.
- If you have applied hair gel or any other styling products, wash your hair thoroughly to get rid of the product.
For Shine and Care
Try hair masks as they work great. Take out some time fortnightly or monthly and apply natural hair masks at home. I have listed few that worked well for me and my husband and some were suggested by Shilpa, too!
Natural Hair Masks for Men’s Hair Care
- Yogurt and lemon hair mask: Take two tea spoons of yogurt and squeeze half lemon juice and few drops of organic raw honey (optional). Apply this to your scalp and let it stay for 30 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water using mild shampoo. This mask is effective to get rid of dandruff and gives shine to your hair.
- Fenugreek mask: Boil and soak two tea spoons of fenugreek seeds overnight. Filter out the water and apply it to your scalp. Let it stay for 45 to 60 minutes. Rinse it off with mild shampoo. You can grind the leftover seeds in a blender and apply it as a face mask while you put on your hair mask.
- Aloe vera mask: Aloe vera mask does wonders both for skin and hair. So, to test any allergies, first do a patch test on your hand. Massage the gel in your scalp and leave it for half an hour. You can apply it to your face too! To get rid of dandruff, mix it with lemon juice. You can also make aloe vera gel at home with the plant’s leaves.
If you want to relax and get groomed as well, then head over to a salon. You can get hair spa. Personally, I don’t prefer hair spa as it dries out my hair in the long run. But it’s upto you and your hair type. It’s great to pamper yourself once in a while, right? You can simply get an oil massage, too!
Men’s Hair Care Tips:
- Avoid overusing harsh products that contain chemicals on your scalp.
- Hair color tends to dry the scalp as well the ends. So, if you have colored your hair, take extra care by providing the moisture with oil massages and hair masks.
- Sulphates and parabens are common in shampoos and can harm the hair. Instead, opt for paraben free shampoo.
- Invest in a good serum or non greasy oil to apply after a hair wash. You can use it after every wash or every once in a while, depending on how dry your hair/scalp is.
- When you apply conditioner after shampooing, avoid it touching your scalp. Apply it to the ends of your hair, only!
So, these were a few men’s hair care tips. Hope they were helpful. Which one are you gonna try? Let us know!