80’s inspired sports sunglasses are going to be the hottest trend in men’s fashion for 2015. Check them out on Cannondale Pro cycling team and on celebs. Watch out for this emerging new trend in men’s sports sunglasses fashion! Looks like 80’s inspired sports sunglasses are going to be very hot and trendy next season (Spring Summer 2015). Up until now, wayfarer sun glasses have been in, made by Ray Ban, Oakley and every major eye wear brand. But now the retro blade style sports sunglasses, that we have seen on countless celebrities are making a big comeback.
Let’s look at some of our favorite 80s Hollywood and sports celebrities that wore this trend in the 80s:
Blade Style sunglasses were super trendy in the 80s
Al Pacino sporting the blade-style sunglasses in the hugely popular Scarface (1983)
Sylvester Stallone wearing the blade style sports sunglasses during the 80s era of his super hit Rocky and Rambo movie series
Macho Man, one of the most iconic WWF intercontinental wrestler wearing the blade style in the 80s
The blade style sports sunglasses was a signature badass look of John Tomac in the 80s and early 90s, a popular BMX rider and the face of Mongoose bicycles
Oakley, the brand we totally adore made very cool-looking sports sunglasses in that time.
Vintage 80s oversized blade sunglasses by Foster Grant
And now, this trend is very in! I would personally love to see more of this trend, and Guy is all over these! In fact, I’m planning to gift a stylish pair to him on his birthday this summer.
Garmin Slipstream pro-cycling team wore blade sunglasses in the 2014 Pro-Tour Cycling Seaon. And this year, Cannondale Garmin Pro-Cycling team is going to sport them by POC in the upcoming 2015 Pro- Tour cycling season.
Not just the sports brands, but luxury fashion brands like Dior have also introduced sports sunglasses in this style. Check them out in metal frame:
The Trendiest Sports Sunglasses
In the recent years, the most popular and dominating sports sun glasses brands have been Oakley, Giro and Rudy Project. However, it seems now that brands like Julbo and Poc are making a bold style statement with bright colors and in-your-face new trends like this one. These two brands are on the forefront of popularizing this cool new fad.
Guy’s Tips: How to wear this trend
- These sports sunglasses are very distinct and because of their retro-ness, they’ll never go unnoticed if paired right with your sports gear. That’s why this trend is a must-have for all the bold and confident guys.
- Instead of the regular blacks and metallic greys, wear this trend in colors. They are available in bold colors like pink, orange, and sea-blue, so take your pick!
- Wear these with dark sports gear, like black or navy, so that their bright colors pop.
- Ideally, your sports gear should not have more than two colors, to avoid looking like a rainbow!!
- These are anyway a good investment if you’re into long distance cycling. Now you get to show off your cool fitness hobby even when you’re not cycling!
– Women’s Sport Sunglasses | 9 Latest Trends in Sports Glasses for Street Style