If you’ve already watched the new movie Mad Max, the Fury Road, then you can’t have missed ex Victoria’s Secret Angel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. In a dystopian and post-apocalyptic future world, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley plays The Splendid Angharad, the leader of The Five Wives – the prized possessions of the villain warlord Immortan Joe. Imperator Furiosa is on an furious race to rescue them as an act of rebel with an action man, Max.
The Five Wives are introduced in a surreal scene, dust-covered but splendid fashion, looking ethereal and yet helpless in the sad, waterless desert. Take a look:
Rosie stands out amongst the wives especially because she’s very pregnant, and had to wear a prosthetic belly for the shoot.
Mad Max and Victoria’s Secret apart, we love Rosie’s style at the red carpet and off-duty alike. Check out 10 of my favorite fashion moments of hers:
1. Here’s the British supermodel in a really hot ensemble a few days ago when she appeared at the Tonight Show. The black leather jacket paired with a studded black leather mini skirt looks tough, probably inspired by her rebellious role in Mad Max.
2. Her crimson-pink gown from 2011 Met Gala was a daring one- with a deep neck and a long slit. Plus, check out her light pink makeup.
3. Love Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Christian Dior white strapless mini-dress at Cannes Festival 2013. So simple and elegant.
4. This silk mermaid gown Rosie wore to Transformers 3 premiere:
5. Her off-duty street style is chic and stylish. Here, she wears a nude colored mini-dress with a broad black studded belt, suede scarf and large sunglasses.
6. This black slit number is yet another beautiful dress worn casually, paired with nude metallic ankle-ring heels.
7. Love this “wallpaper” look from a photoshoot. Rosie wears a plain black tank top with a grey layered tulle skirt with a silk knotted belt.
8. This silvery-grey sequinned backless dress is from the Berlin premiere of Transformers 3- Age of the Moon.
9. Grey strapless floor sweeping gown from Cannes Festival 2014.
10. I adore this one piece swimsuit from a Harper’s bazaar photoshoot with a halter neck and a deep keyhole.
(Psst: Also check out Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s really racy white mini-dress from Transformers 3 that I featured in this article:
The Most Iconic White Dresses in Hollywood Movies | Part 2)
Shilpa Ahuja the editor-in-chief of ShilpaAhuja.com, which she founded with the goal of inspiring confidence in the modern working woman through fashion. Other than defining the direction of the magazine, she also writes about fashion & beauty trend forecasts, industry analysis, and opinions.
Shilpa’s work has been published in the University of Fashion blog and Jet Airways magazine. She is also an artist, illustrator and cartoonist. She is also the creator of Audrey O., a comic series that represents the lifestyle of millennial women. She enjoys creative writing and world travel. Her art has been exhibited at Harvard Graduate School of Design and the Aroma Hotel, Chandigarh and been published in Chandigarh Times.
Originally from Chandigarh, Shilpa also has a degree in architecture and has worked in interior project management. She is also the author of the book “Designing a Chinese Cultural Center in India”. Shilpa has a Masters in Design Studies degree from Harvard University.
For feedback and questions, please email [email protected]