From funny to inspirational, from dark to sassy, here are 101 Halloween costume quotes you can use as IG captions, wishes or sayings.
One of the most popular holidays in the United States, Halloween is the favorite of many. It’s a day of costumes, candy and scary stories. So, it’s no wonder it is loved by children and adults alike.
When I moved to the US, people would ask me if I experienced any cultural shock. I didn’t, I said – I had seen pretty much everything back in India or in movies. Until my first Halloween came around, that is. At Harvard Design School, we take Halloween very seriously. Halloween costumes are planned weeks in advance. I saw everything from a 3D printed man-sized face to fully painted faces and hands to match the costume’s print.
If you, too, love dressing up for Halloween, then this list of Halloween costume quotes is for you. Whether you’re dressing for the town’s coolest spookiest party, or just to greet your Trick or Treaters at home, this article will provide you with original quotes about Halloween’s every mood. Use ’em as your IG captions, tweets, Whatsapp status or even as slogans for your office emails or t-shirts.
We hope you enjoy reading them!
P.S. Recently, I’ve come across many sites that steal my quotes for their articles without my permission. So I’d like to show my appreciation to you, our readers, for your support in helping me create original content. As always, these are all my original quotes, it takes me weeks to write them. So if you give me credits, saying, “Quote by Shilpa Ahuja @shilpaahujadotcom”, I’ll ‘like’ your pic! Thanks!
Short Halloween Costume Quotes
Who wants to read a whole passage on social media! Not us! It doesn’t have to be wordy to be spooky or witty. So if you’re looking for short and sweet Halloween costume quotes, here are some ideas in 10 words or less (mostly).
- Happy hauntings.
- It’s spooky time!
- Beware the pumpkin patch.
- Sweet and spooky.
- Don’t worry be spooky.
- Keep calm and scare on.
- It’s the spookiest time of the year!
- Ghosts want to party, too! #HappyHalloween
- I want my headstone to say, ‘The last witch’. #HappyHalloween
- I wish you a scare-free night.
- What would be fun without some scares?
- Halloween is such fun when you’re not afraid.
- Experiencing fear can make us feel alive. Happy Halloween
- To all the ghouls and goblins out there, have a spooktacular Halloween!
- May all your tricks end up being treats!
- Spookiest of greetings! Trick or treat?
- Trick or Treat and we’re not talking about candy #HappyHalloween
- Halloween is an excuse to show your love for the things that scare you. Happy Halloween
- Be spooky and say more than “trick or treat”.
- Trick or Treat. It’s up to you. Happy Halloween
- I am a lonely ghost looking for someone who is as spooky as me! #HappyHalloween
Funny Halloween Quotes
If you love Halloween as much as we do, then here are some funny Halloween costumes quotes that should come in handy when making your followers smile on Instagram or Twitter!
- Witch please.
- Resting witch face.
- Why show the real me when I can wear a costume!
- A costume party is cheaper than therapy.
- What costume? I’m just here for the open bar.
- Too drunk to see the ghosts tonight.
- Halloween parties are like girlfriends. A bit sexy, a bit scary.
- Why do I love Halloween? On this day, I can be whoever I want to be, at least a slutty version of it.
- What’s new about Halloween? I’m hiding behind a mask everyday.
- Forget costume parties! #pumpkinpie and #marshmallowcreeps. That’s all I need this Halloween.
- I may wear the same Halloween costume every year, but at least people don’t have to be like, “Hey, what are you supposed to be?”
- What do you get when you cross a pumpkin with a ghost? A pumkin! #HappyHalloween
- How does a witch comb her hair? …. With a “hocus pocus” brush. #HappyHalloween
- Why did the skeleton go to the dentist? …. He wanted to brush his teeth. #HappyHalloween
Halloween Scary Costume Quotes (Witch or Devil, etc.)
Spookfest is on its way. So start preparing and get your costume on. Check out these spooky captions you can use as Instagram captions for your witch or devil costume. Share them with your friends when you wish them a Happy Halloween!
- Good times start with a scary costume.
- Why be cute when you can be scary.
- I’m the one your mom warned you about.
- The scariest witch just arrived. Don’t worry, I’ll give you time to hide.
- What’s there to be scared of when you’re the baddest witch out there!
- Darlings, lock your kids inside. The witch is going out to party.
- I’m a bad witch and it’s my day to shine! Happy Halloween!
- The witch is casting spells on the unsuspecting trick-or-treaters.
- Don’t be like the others, look at me when I’m casting a spell at you!
- Spooky and chilling, your Halloween party awaits.
- Happy Halloween! Witches are here to grant you your deepest wishes and collect some of your most valuable treasures.
- Cute little kids will be in for a treat this Halloween! And it’s my job to make sure that they are extra terrified.
- So many spooky things happen this time of year. If you can’t make it livelier for everyone, why not just be the one haunting those streets? #HappyHalloween
- The streets turn dark as the lights go out. Everyone will still see witches without a doubt.
- More ghosts are out than you realize. Do you dare to walk out of your door in a scary disguise?
Inspirational Halloween Quotes
As Halloween nears, everyone is preparing for the spookiest night of the year. The ghosts, ghouls and zombies are out. Quotes are a great way to get in the mood for Halloween. You can use these thoughtful Halloween costume quotes to post on social media or as your status.
- Sometimes it’s good to be a little spooked out.
- Be thankful for the tricks too, not just the treats.
- The best things in life give you a scare. #HappyHalloween
- To be scared is not necessary. It only seems so. Happy Halloween!
- There is no point in being so afraid of the dark. Nothing ever comes out of it.
- We’re not afraid of the dark, we’re afraid of what we don’t understand.
- Halloween is easy. It’s taking off the costume that’s hard.
- It’s okay to be scared. As long as you can get past it too.
- Halloween is all about being fearless in the face of a scare. So don’t be scared to take off that costume of pretense and show off the real you this year. Happy Halloween!
- Don’t focus on the scares, focus on the magic. Be ready for the tricks if you wanna get to the treats.
- Remember, by being afraid, you’re giving something more power over you than you have over them. Take your power back this Halloween!
- What we see in Halloween is not who we are. The dark doesn’t have to be frightening, it can be a place of magic. All you need is a little candlelight and a whole lot of imagination. In the darkness, we’re all children again. #HappyHalloween
- Halloween is such a magical time of year. It is the perfect time for witches to cast their spells and enchant the world with their magic. #HappyHalloween
- What goes around comes around. Wish for a chocolate cake for dessert and you will get it, but not without a little trick or treat in return. So think twice before you make your wish. #HappyHalloween
Scary Halloween Quotes & Creepy Sayings
Halloween is a time when the lines between make believe and reality are blurred, and it is the perfect season to have a lot of fun with friends and family. It’s a great time to spook people with some spooky Halloween costume quotes!
- Why be afraid of the dark when the darkest darkness is inside of us?
- It’s Halloween night! Be careful out there. #HappyHalloween
- The devil’s so sharp that he cuts his own children. #HappyHalloween
- Halloween is the time when witches can walk among us, but they are not always to be feared. #HappyHalloween
- I’ve learned that true terror isn’t some stranger stalking your every move, or a psychopath breaking into your home. True terror is what happens when someone you know and trust starts to unravel before your eyes.
- Bad things may happen when you are not awake. Take care this Halloween.
- I am a sad ghost that can only make other people feel sadder!
- The ghosts of the dead may have returned to earth, but feat not. Because the ghosts of our bad karma still lives on inside of us.
- It’s the most frightful night of the year. The moon is full and the spirits are out. So when you go out, be careful, and have a good time! #HappyHalloween
- What was the ghost’s failed attempt at a joke? …. “Knock knock.” #HappyHalloween
Sassy Halloween Quotes for Instagram
With some attitude and some spookiness, here are some Halloween costume quotes and fashion captions for your IG pics.
- Life is always better in a costume.
- Find me a costume darker than my soul.
- Nothing good ever happens after dark. Happy haunting!
- Wishing you and your friends and family a happy and safe Halloween.
- If you think I’m sexy, it’s because you’re already under the witch’s spell.
- Have I caught your attention yet or should I cast a spell?
- Don’t be afraid to have a little fun this Halloween season. Make sure to try all the treats you can find, and don’t forget to scream a little too!
- Happy Halloween! When people knock on my door I’m going to say “Trick or Treat” and play some really spooky music because that’s what always happens on TV!
- Halloween is coming. Better start picking out your costume and prepare for the spooky times ahead. Trick or treat?
Cute Halloween Costume Quotes and Wishes for Kids
Halloween is a special occasion where children can dress up as their favorite character and go trick or treating in the neighborhood. They can also have a party at home to enjoy some Halloween themed snacks, such as cookies and candies. Halloween wishes for kids are the perfect way to make your little ones happy and put a smile on their face. For the little ghosties and Trick or Treaters, here are some Halloween wishes and quotes.
- Put a spell on everyone this Halloween!
- I have the best job in the world – to love you and spend time with you! Happy Halloween!
- It’s the time of the year to scare and get scared. Which one would you pick?
- Trick or treat? My favorite question when there’s a pumpkin pie in front of me! I hope it’s not a trick because that means there is more pumpkin pie for us. Happy Halloween, my love!
- Looking forward to seeing all your costumes tonight, my sweetie pie! I hope that you pick something cute because it will make me so proud – especially if it includes your own original design made by you!
- Halloween is the time of year when children get to enjoy all the fun things that are not usually allowed all year: dressing up and trick-or-treating, eating lots of candy and being scared witless.
- Halloween is about a child’s love for people without masks. No tricks. Only treats.
- Hungry for treats, and lots of sweets!
- Be ready for tricks and make it fast!
- Your candy’s about to go in past tense.
Famous Halloween Costume Quotes
- ‘Cause this is thriller, thriller night.
- “This is Halloween! Pumpkins scream in the dead of night!” — Nightmare Before Christmas
- “Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!” — Jack Skellington
- “It’s a perfect night for mystery and horror. The air itself is filled with monsters.” — Bride of Frankenstein
- My flesh crawled from my skin as if I had been touched by spiders.
- There’s no such thing as good or bad – only choices and consequences.
- The worst things in life happen when you’re tired.
- The monster is under the bed. Happy Halloween!
Hope these Halloween costume quotes were helpful. If you used one of these captions in your pic, feel free to credit me and I’ll ‘like’ your pic. And do share your costume selfies with me, I’d love to see what you are for Halloween this year. So tag me on Instagram @shilpaahujadotcom.
Shilpa Ahuja the editor-in-chief of ShilpaAhuja.com, which she founded with the goal of inspiring confidence in the modern working woman through fashion. Other than defining the direction of the magazine, she also writes about fashion & beauty trend forecasts, industry analysis, and opinions.
Shilpa’s work has been published in the University of Fashion blog and Jet Airways magazine. She is also an artist, illustrator and cartoonist. She is also the creator of Audrey O., a comic series that represents the lifestyle of millennial women. She enjoys creative writing and world travel. Her art has been exhibited at Harvard Graduate School of Design and the Aroma Hotel, Chandigarh and been published in Chandigarh Times.
Originally from Chandigarh, Shilpa also has a degree in architecture and has worked in interior project management. She is also the author of the book “Designing a Chinese Cultural Center in India”. Shilpa has a Masters in Design Studies degree from Harvard University.
For feedback and questions, please email [email protected]