Amrapali Mukherjee asked
Hi…could you suggest me some golden bridal lehenga gown or saree gown for my wedding reception?
Sahana Govindaraju answered
Thanks for writing in and congratulations!
I’m glad to know that you wanna try something in golden for the reception. And both lehenga gown and saree gown are great options to try! But here are a few points to remember before you shop for your wedding outfit and get inspired by designer outfit ideas from the runway:
Bridal Lehenga Gown & Saree
1. Always be specific about what you’re looking for. In your case, you already know what to shop so that makes your shopping hassle free.
2. While choosing colors, keep your skin tone in mind. Since you’re interested in golden, either go for shade lighter or darker than your skin color. Never try colors that’s exactly your skin tone to avoid looking washed out. There are so many different shades in gold like pale gold, copper, bronze etc.
3. Instead of going for a monotonous look, you can also combine with different colored separates to stand out. For example, try a gold western choli with Indian lehenga. Indo western outfits always turn heads, perfect for the summer. Try ruffles, off-the-shoulder, cold shoulder or embellished crop cholis. Pair them with the traditional red lehenga, bright pink or any color that suits your skin tone.
4. Jackets are super-hot this season, especially for winter weddings. Pair a contrast-colored jacket with your gown. Also, belts are super-chic when paired with a plunging neckline.
6. If you’re comfortable with wearing something bold for your reception then try saree gowns with cutouts, different draping styles, embellished or long slit sleeves!
7. Apart from saree gowns, belted sarees are dreamy and eye-catching. A golden saree with a bright colored blouse is fashionable. You can even try new blouse styles like a poncho or cape style.
8. Accessories enhance your look. Try gold peep toes or metallic pumps. Since you’ve opted for gold, keep the jewelry minimum like statement earrings or oversized bracelet. Try matching clutch, or you can go for contrasting accessories like a burgundy necklace, clutch, belt and shoes.
Also, check out:
Sahana is a Senior Staff Writer at ShilpaAhuja.com. With an experience in fashion and lifestyle writing, Sahana is responsible for Indian and international fashion week coverage every year, and is developing an expertise in apparel trend forecasting. She also writes about health and fitness, having pursued yoga for 6 years now. She’s not a gym person at all but is all for “running in the park” and is an amateur cyclist. Books and coffee are her other passions. She’s also an amateur photographer. She’s a hardcore Bollywood fan and she loves to cover the nostalgic topics on the same. From fashion trends to famous characters, she can make anyone love Bollywood! Her best article has been 90s Bollywood fashion, a readers’ favorite so far! Prior to her experience with ShilpaAhuja.com, Sahana has written as a freelance author for online magazine, Mashup Corner, and interned at EventsHigh as a content writer. Her blogs on basic fashion, makeup, fitness and city’s food joints that gave her a chance to experiment with her writing. She also has voiced her opinions about feminism and equal rights for men and women at PolkaCafe journals and after quitting her job, she decided to take up writing as her full time career.
Sahana is an engineering graduate and has worked in an MNC, Tesco, for more than a year as an Operations Support. It was her sheer love for fashion that made her quit the monotonous 9 to 5 job to pursue a career in the fashion industry. She’s originally from Bangalore and is currently settled in Chennai (she’s loving the city)! For any queries and discussions, contact her at [email protected] You can also tweet her at https://twitter.com/Sahana_17