Thanks for writing in and congratulations!
I’m glad to know that you wanna try something in golden for the reception. And both lehenga gown and saree gown are great options to try! But here are a few points to remember before you shop for your wedding outfit and get inspired by designer outfit ideas from the runway:
Bridal Lehenga Gown & Saree
1. Always be specific about what you’re looking for. In your case, you already know what to shop so that makes your shopping hassle free.
2. While choosing colors, keep your skin tone in mind. Since you’re interested in golden, either go for shade lighter or darker than your skin color. Never try colors that’s exactly your skin tone to avoid looking washed out. There are so many different shades in gold like pale gold, copper, bronze etc.
3. Instead of going for a monotonous look, you can also combine with different colored separates to stand out. For example, try a gold western choli with Indian lehenga. Indo western outfits always turn heads, perfect for the summer. Try ruffles, off-the-shoulder, cold shoulder or embellished crop cholis. Pair them with the traditional red lehenga, bright pink or any color that suits your skin tone.
4. Jackets are super-hot this season, especially for winter weddings. Pair a contrast-colored jacket with your gown. Also, belts are super-chic when paired with a plunging neckline.
5. You can also try a sheer bottomed gown with Indian embroidery or embellishments. A tight bun paired with statement earrings looks magical. Or go for a long trail if you like dramatic entrances!
6. If you’re comfortable with wearing something bold for your reception then try saree gowns with cutouts, different draping styles, embellished or long slit sleeves!
7. Apart from saree gowns, belted sarees are dreamy and eye-catching. A golden saree with a bright colored blouse is fashionable. You can even try new blouse styles like a poncho or cape style.
8. Accessories enhance your look. Try gold peep toes or metallic pumps. Since you’ve opted for gold, keep the jewelry minimum like statement earrings or oversized bracelet. Try matching clutch, or you can go for contrasting accessories like a burgundy necklace, clutch, belt and shoes.
Also, check out: