A simple chocolate chip cookies recipe to ace this lockdown and please your sweet tooth. Pull out your spatula and a few ingredients to get started.
Would we care for some oogey gooey ultra chocolatey cookies to munch on your work-from-homes? Yes, please !! With everybody spending more and more time in the kitchen during lockdown, here’s a simple zero skill required chocolate chip cookie recipe to enjoy your stay at home. A versatile cookie you can pair with ice cream and make a sandwich or dunk in some milk and enjoy the classic, a little something to satiate your sweet cravings.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 15 mins
Servings: 24 cookies
(Please view video at the end of the recipe)
Ingredients for the Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- ⅔ cup Granulated White Sugar
- ⅔ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Semi Sweet or Bittersweet Chocolate Chunks or Chips
Preparing Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparing the Cookie Batter
- In a bowl of electric mixer, cream the softened butter with both the sugars till it’s all incorporated and smooth. Add vanilla extract and the eggs and beat it again for just a few minutes to combine them. Add the salt and baking soda to the flour and gradually add this to your batter little by little as you go. Dunk in your chocolate chunks and mix them altogether.
- Preheat your oven to 160C.
Shaping and Baking the Cookies
- Drop equal sizes of cookie dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Pack the scoop with the cookie dough and push off the excess, press and release onto the baking tray to get perfect shaped round cookies.
- Slide the tray into the oven and let it bake for 10 – 15 mins.
- Always go with your instinct over time when baking cookies because everyone’s ovens are different. Your cookies are done when the edges get firm and brown and you can easily move it from the baking tray. Oftentimes, the cookies will be slightly soft when you take them out of the oven, and harden in a couple of minutes once out.
- Transfer them onto a wire rack to cool and meanwhile sneak in a warm cookie.
Let us know if you enjoy cookies as much as we do and how this recipe turned out for you. And share with us your cookie pics by tagging us on Instagram @shilpaahuajdotcom!
Shazia Bargathullah is a regular freelance writer at ShilpaAhuja.com. She is also a fashion design graduate from iNIFD. Her journey started with a keen visual eye, an interest in styling and a passion for design. She has an expertise in modest fashion and writes about makeup tips, beauty trends and runway-inspired fashion ideas. She is also the author of the blog Devil Wears Parda. For comments and feedback, please email [email protected]