Wanna keep the wrinkles, fine lines and spots at bay? Well, we’ve compiled everything about anti aging skin care at home. From natural ingredients for skincare to healthy tips and tricks, stay youthful and glowy with our top 10 natural homemade remedies for face!
Hey beautiful! What woman doesn’t wanna look good? And no matter how old we are, we try we best to look elegant. But at times we also tend to go for external cosmetic products to get rid of acne, spots or any other skin related problems. As we age, fine lines, wrinkles and spots are inevitable on our skin. This is a natural process that our skin undergoes.
It may not be possible to stop or reverse ageing. But with the right skin care and a healthy lifestyle, it’s possible to reduce the signs of ageing. Yes, you cannot get rid of these signs forever, even though a few products claim to do so. I have written an article about the scams of anti aging creams, check out to know about the science of aging and more! Of course, one can undergo surgeries, but why should ageing be considered a bad thing? I don’t wanna look like a kid when I’m 40. Duh! The societal pressure I say. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like my skin to look healthy!
Anti Aging Skin Care at Home
It’s important to have a healthy skin over young skin, right? Also, one needs to understand anti aging meaning. Anti aging means reducing the signs of aging but one cannot completely get rid of wrinkles on the face. So, we have listed 10 super easy-peasy homemade masks for glowing skin. These use ingredients that are daily staples that are right at home. Let’s check ’em out!
Note Before You Read
Natural remedies work differently for everyone, I tried these face packs on my skin, and I have medium to dry skin. So please remember that everything I wrote here may not suit every skin type. Before you try out these natural home remedies, please consult with your dermatologist, and do a back-of-palm skin patch test before using them on your face. You may be allergic to a few ingredients and citrus may cause itching, so use it sparingly. Skin care is a very personal thing, and that’s why it’s important to understand what works best for you.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the best anti aging home remedies for wrinkles. It has zinc and vitamin E that reduce the pores and helps to have a youthful skin. It also acts as an effective natural remedy for pimples and acne as it reduces oiliness in the skin. Aloe vera also helps to improve the firmness of skin and keeps the skin hydrated. So, now you know how to reduce wrinkles on face.
Clean and wash the freshly cut aloe-vera leaves, and gently remove their outer-skin with a knife. Then grind them in a mixer until you reduce them to a gel-like consistency. You can rub the gel directly from the plant and massage for 2-5 minutes and let it stay for 10 minutes. Or you can also buy ready-made natural aloe-vera gel. Later, wash it with lukewarm water. You can use gels available in the market, too, but for best results, try using the paste freshly made from leaves.
2. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are my personal favorite in the list of home remedies for wrinkles on face. I use them for my skin and hair, too, and the results are noteworthy. Read about fenugreek seeds hair mask in Men’s Hair Care Tips. They are a rich source of vitamin B3 that helps in recovering damaged skin cells and promotes the regeneration of new cells. The seeds also help to reduce age spots, hyper pigmentation, wrinkles and fine lines.
Boil 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds in two cups of water. Allow it to cool by adding one more cup of water and leave it overnight. The following morning, grind the seeds by straining the water and add 2-3 drops of honey and apply it as a mask. Leave it for around 20 minutes or 30 minutes until the mask is dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Egg Whites
Egg whites are yet another famous and effective ingredients for anti aging skin care at home. They help to shrink the open pores to give a smooth and youthful appearance. They are rich in proteins, potassium, magnesium and riboflavin, which help to repair and hydrate the skin.
Of course, both eating eggs and using them as a face-mask is healthy for your skin. Take one egg and separate egg white from the yolk. Add a few drops of lime juice to egg white, mix it well and apply to your face with the help of a brush. Let it stay for 20 minutes then wash it off with cold water. Try this twice a week to see visible results in your skin.
Bananas are loaded with skin-benefiting nutrients like potassium and vitamins that will clear almost all skin problems. They improve collagen production, skin elasticity and fight damage-causing free radicles to provide a healthier skin.
Mash one ripe banana and add a few drops of honey and apply it evenly on clean face. Let it stay for about 20 minutes and wash it off with water. Honey helps to exfoliate and moisturize the skin. It also helps to remove dead cells and promotes the regeneration of the cells.
Use one banana for the mask and the other for your breakfast. Lol! Anti aging skin care at home is indeed fun. One of Shilpa’s grand-aunts has also been using banana peels on her face as a scrub for wrinkle-reduction.
“How to make skin tight and glowing?” you ask? Well, avocados are here. Avocados are loaded with potassium, zinc and beta-carotene. They moisturize the skin and repair the damaged cells. They also promote the regeneration of new cells. The antioxidants and amino acids present in the avocado flushes out the toxins from the skin and prevents premature skin ageing.
Take the pulp of one avocado and mash it to form a smooth paste. Apply it on clean face and let it stay for 20 minutes, then wash this anti ageing face pack with water.
Also, read: Natural Face Masks
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil helps to tighten and firm the skin and makes an excellent homemade solution for wrinkle treatment. It is also a rich source of vitamins, minerals and natural fatty acids. It is easily absorbed through the skin pores and nourishes the skin. Take 2-3 drops of olive oil on your palm and massage thoroughly on your face and neck in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Read next: Essential Fall Beauty Tips
If you’re wondering how to remove wrinkles from face, then pineapples are great for wrinkled skin. Pineapple is loaded with antioxidants like potassium and vitamin C and prevents premature ageing of the skin. It also corrects uneven skin tone, dark spots, pigmentation and age spots. Personally, I love this mask as I have a lot of pigmentation and this mask actually works.
Blend half cup of pineapple pulp to form a smooth paste and apply it on your face for 20 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water.
Home remedies for wrinkles include almonds, too. Almonds are the most basic ingredient in any cosmetic product. They are loaded with nutrients like vitamin C and E, iron, zinc and folic acid. They act as a powerful antioxidant, prevent the degeneration of collagen fibers of the skin and delay aging.
Soak 10-12 almonds in milk overnight. And blend into a thick smooth paste in the morning and apply it on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
“How to look younger naturally?” is the one of the most frequently asked questions by our readers. Papaya is the healthiest fruit for skincare and digestion. Papaya is rich in vitamin And acts as a strong antioxidant. It helps to tighten and firm the skin. Blend half cup of papaya fruit and apply it on a clean face. Wash it off after 20 minutes with warm water.
10. Coconut Milk
Women with dry skin have to deal with so many skin problems like itchiness, redness, deep cracks that may bleed and more. So, along with anti aging skin care at home, coconut milk soothes the skin and is an excellent remedy for dry skin. It is filled with minerals and vitamins that moisturizes the skin and keeps it soft, supple and radiant.
Grate half raw coconut and squeeze the milk using a strainer. Apply this milk using cotton balls and rinse it off with warm water after 20 minutes.
Additional Tips for Anti Aging Skin Care at Home
1. Apply the masks and leave them for 20 minutes or maximum 30 minutes and not more. Try these home remedies for skin once or twice a week. Also try overnight face masks like sheet masks, which are rich in minerals, vitamins and nutrients. These essential skin nutrients keep skin hydrated and work to prevent the formation of fine lines on your face.
2. Also, apply moisturizer once you wash off the masks to seal in the moisture in your skin. Or massage with a serum or use essence that works for you. Massaging helps in increasing the blood flow of the face, hands and other body parts. This is kind of like exercise for your facial muscles, which helps nourish your skin cells and keep them vital.
Also, read: Best Essential Oils
3. Skincare is a lifetime investment. So, once you feel your skin is glowing, don’t stop taking care of it. Make a routine or a daily habit to take care of your skin. And with these super easy anti aging skin care at home, you don’t have a reason to complain! Be sure to use as many natural products as possible and be very careful before trying out new products.
4. Skincare isn’t always from the outside but from within. So, maintain a healthy lifestyle and have a balanced diet with all the essential nutrients. Try to maintain a wholesome diet rich in vitamins and natural oils, which helps for a glowing skin.
5. Also stay hydrated, by consuming as much water as your body demands. Add water-rich foods to your daily diet, such as juicy vegetables, watermelon, soupy dishes. Hydration is very important when it comes to anti aging skin care at home, since dry skin is very prone to wrinkles, especially on the hands and neck. So don’t ignore massaging these parts with moisturizer, too. Avoid using too hot water to shower, since extra hot showers can drain your skin of moisture.
5. Along with anti aging skin care at home remedies, get at least 8 hours of sleep daily. While you sleep, your skin’s blood flow increases. There are certain processes in the body that only take place while you sleep, such as rebuilding the skin’s collagen and repairing damage caused by UV exposure, reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
6. Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking and reduce stress. Alcohol is very harmful to the skin, since its consumption increases free radicals, which are the damaging chemicals of the body. It also makes your body feel dry, so that’s another reason to minimize it.
7. Exercise for at least 15 minutes a day. This should be followed strictly, no matter how much physical activities you have, make sure to spend a minimum of 15 minutes for exercise. This will change your lifestyle for sure. Research has shown that exercise slows cell aging. A good 15 minute of exercise at least thrice a day can actually slow down the ageing process in your chromosomes.
So, that was all about anti aging skin care at home. Hope you found them helpful. Which masks are you gonna try? Let us know by tweeting @shilpa1ahuja!
– Homemade Beauty Tips for Brides Before Marriage: 9 Natural Face Masks
– Natural Tips for Glowing Skin You Need to Try!
– How to Get Rid of Tan This Summer
– Best Essential Oil for Acne: Do They Really Work?
– Coolsculpting: The Cold Truth Behind the Fat Removal Technique
Sahana is a Senior Staff Writer at ShilpaAhuja.com. With an experience in fashion and lifestyle writing, Sahana is responsible for Indian and international fashion week coverage every year, and is developing an expertise in apparel trend forecasting. She also writes about health and fitness, having pursued yoga for 6 years now. She’s not a gym person at all but is all for “running in the park” and is an amateur cyclist. Books and coffee are her other passions. She’s also an amateur photographer. She’s a hardcore Bollywood fan and she loves to cover the nostalgic topics on the same. From fashion trends to famous characters, she can make anyone love Bollywood! Her best article has been 90s Bollywood fashion, a readers’ favorite so far! Prior to her experience with ShilpaAhuja.com, Sahana has written as a freelance author for online magazine, Mashup Corner, and interned at EventsHigh as a content writer. Her blogs on basic fashion, makeup, fitness and city’s food joints that gave her a chance to experiment with her writing. She also has voiced her opinions about feminism and equal rights for men and women at PolkaCafe journals and after quitting her job, she decided to take up writing as her full time career.
Sahana is an engineering graduate and has worked in an MNC, Tesco, for more than a year as an Operations Support. It was her sheer love for fashion that made her quit the monotonous 9 to 5 job to pursue a career in the fashion industry. She’s originally from Bangalore and is currently settled in Chennai (she’s loving the city)! For any queries and discussions, contact her at [email protected] You can also tweet her at https://twitter.com/Sahana_17