Gymming is hard but finding a good caption doesn’t have to be! From motivational to badass to funny, here are 130 gym quotes by Shilpa Ahuja for your every need.
I, for one, appreciate hard work in any shape or form, and gym is definitely hard work. Personally, I’ve been a workout-at-home girl since after my gym-n-Zumba @Harvard days. And that’s why writing these gym quotes for Instagram for y’all was very nostalgic for me. Either way, workout is great, whether at home or at the gym.
Gym may be the daily routine for you, or it may be a once in a lifetime event – whatever it is, a gym selfie is a great way to add some strength to your IG feed, literally! And if you can’t come up with a good gym caption for your pic, I’ve got you covered.
Whether you’re a fashionista looking to spice up your gym OOTD, or a motivational gym instructor looking for a way to create good content for your followers, or even if you’re a gym first-timer who’s just looking for a simple beginner quote, there’s something for everyone here. Let’s go!
P.S. Recently, I’ve noticed many websites stealing my quotes and putting them in their articles without permission. This message is to show my appreciation for all my readers, who choose to support my fight for original content. As always, these are all my original quotes, it takes me weeks to write them. So if you give me credits, saying, “Quote by Shilpa Ahuja @shilpaahujadotcom”, I’ll ‘like’ your pic! 🙂
Short Gym Quotes
Why waste words when you can say it in 10 words or less! If you think short is better, here are some great gym captions for Instagram I’ve written that you can copy and paste!
- Fit and fabulous.
- No sweat no gain.
- Gym clothes are the new swimsuit!
- The gym? After all this time? Always.
- Get your sweats off, get your sweat on!
- If I had a gym, it would be open 24 hours a day.
- Gym clothes? Or not. That is the question.
Badass Gym Quotes
You’ve already worked so hard at the gym, now let me do the hard work of witing a good caption for your IG pic! Here are some badass gym quotes for boys that you can use with your hot gym selfies and workout pics! Go get famous on Instagram!
- Workout is for everyone, but not everyone can do it.
- Be daring and wear that dress! Just make sure you can.
- If you don’t sweat, you don’t win.
- Whatever you do, don’t stop moving.
- No one said being healthy and fit was easy.
- If it doesn’t make you stronger, it doesn’t make you better.
- The first rule of the gym: You do not talk about the gym. The second rule of the gym: You DO NOT talk about the GYM!
- There are plenty of ways to be fashionable but there’s only one way to be in shape – the actual hard work.
- All the sweat and muscle that go into your daily workouts, the hours spent in the gym making yourself better than yesterday – that’s what really makes you you.
- Want to get more likes on your gym selfies? Let all those sweat and tears show.
- It’s not the gym you go to or the workout you do, it’s the results that count.
- Who doesn’t love a good workout – especially if it’s photo-worthy.
- Your sneakers shouldn’t make you look like you’re going to chase the bus.
- This quote isn’t original, but these abs are.
- Sweating is just nature’s way of telling you to stop using your body as a towel.
- Forget hourglass or pear, I’d rather just shape whatever body I have into something amazing.
Funny Gym Quotes
Who wants to take life too seriously? Not us! But thinking up funny quotes is not easy, especially after a tiresome workout (I know, I’ve been there!) So if you want to impress your followers with your gym life, and also make them laugh, here are some funny gym status and hilarious gym captions you can add to your pic. All original – I’ve written them up myself, just for you.
- They’re a great way to express your chill, fun personality.
- Oh, I just did 50 burpees in this!
- Oh gym, you can’t be the only place where I flex.
- See those fitness models on Instagram – stylish and sweat-free? Yeah, I’m not one of them!
- Working out is like having s3x – if you’re not out of breath by the end of it, you’re not doing it right.
- I sometimes feel like my life is a fitness video and I’m the instructor.
- Girls at the gym be dressed like they’re walking the runway, not the treadmill! Me: Slob in a loose sweaty tee.
- Bought my gym membership, chose the latest #gym fashion trends – it seems I’ve already worked so hard that I’m too tired to work out!
- The best place to find a solution to any problem is in the middle of a well-tread treadmill.
- Looking good and feeling great has never been harder!
- There are days where you just don’t feel like going to the gym. And then there are those when you want to go just to show off!
- I’m sorry, I have to work out. I don’t have a wife and three kids to be able to afford a dad-bod.
- Gym life has taught me two lessons. It’s always important to stay hydrated, and even more important to breathe!
- Why does everyone have a trainer now? I’m not gonna pay someone to tell me I haven’t completed my leg work out today. I already know that.
- Gym is like an Instagram quote – it should inspire you to be the best version of yourself, even if it’s not in your comfort zone!
- Working out is like dating a girl – overthinking about it can ruin your chances of getting there.
- Oh I’m not here to actually work out. I just like to go to the locker room floor and catch the eye of a pretty girl looking for a workout partner.
- Make every workout count by eating a burger before it (sorry bad joke).
- Who cares if I failed at my gym goals today, at least my workout clothes were a success (wink wink!).
- I’m not telling you how to live your life, but I will be telling you to balance your upper and lower body workouts.
Sassy Gym Quotes for Instagram for Girls
Your gym pic is sassy and it needs some’n extra to make it spicy. That’s why you need a feisty gym quote to show everyone who you really are! And I’ve written up some sassy gym quotes just for this very purpose – thank me later.
- I may not have time to call my boyfriend but I do have time to work out.
- The gym is hard, but you don’t have to look like it.
- I could show off my guts, but I’d rather show off my abs.
- If one of my friends doesn’t work out, I’m not sure we’re even on the same plane.
- I am an athlete… but I do not define myself as just an athlete. I’m sexy, and I know it.
- This is not sweatpants and a t-shirt time. This is sweatpants, t-shirt and sneakers time.
- Well, I’m still standing. Which I’m pretty sure is more than I can say for most of my fat.
- I love the feeling that I get when I’m done with my workout.
- Who said fitness was boring? My gym ‘fits make me feel like a Sports Illustrated cover girl everyday!
- Sweatpants because I can do anything in them. And I like to think my outfit makes me look more intimidating.
Motivational Gym Quotes
No matter what your reason for going to the gym is, you need some motivation. Whether you’re trying to get fit, lose weight, or just have a better time at your workouts – motivational pics can help keep you going. So add a nice caption to motivate your followers too.
Some people find it easier to motivate themselves with words of wisdom from others. These quotes can be a source of inspiration and encouragement when you’re feeling down or just need some extra push.
- Don’t just aim for a body, aim for a life.
- Life is too short to be out of shape.
- How you workout is a reflection of who you are.
- It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
- Back at the gym, back to feeling like myself.
- Motivational quotes can only get you so far. Getting in shape is still tough and only you can make it a reality for yourself.
- The best part is that you feel amazing after the work out!
- Life may not be a race, but keep up the workout pace.
- Your fitness journey isn’t about being compared to other people. It’s about being the best version of yourself.
- You’re never as good or bad as you think you are. You’re always better than you think you are.
- Exercising is more than just about getting fit. It’s about feeling good.
- Life seems dull. But then you remember something: yesterday was a good day because of that workout
- Sometimes we have to practice what we preach – do your best, not just for your fitness, but for your confidence.
- Some people will tell you that being in shape is not important but it’s not true.
- I believe in the power of working out to inspire, motivate, and improve yourself.
- Exercise isn’t about weight loss. It’s about living a healthy life.
- Sweat, shake, and rock your way to a healthier lifestyle!
- Keep the positive vibes going with a great workout and a good laugh!
- At the gym, it’s not what’s outside in the window, it’s what’s inside that counts!
Gym Fashion Quotes
You rocked the gym look today and that’s definitely a reason to post a selfie. Gym fashion is a great way to make your workout more enjoyable and fun. And if you’re posting a pic of your lovely gym ‘fits, adding gym fashion quotes is a great way to motivate yourself and others to be fashionable while working out.
So here are some Instagram captions for gym outfits that you can use. Add a couple of hashtags like #gymfashion #gymoutfit #gymfashionwear #gymstyle to reach a larger audience.
- Trendy clothes are cool, but workout gear is life.
- Forget high heels. Give me some cozy sneaks, and I can take over the world!
- Get your sweat on, get your chic on.
- When it comes to working well and looking good, I do it best at the gym.
- Black crop top, black leggings and pink
- When it comes to gym clothes, it’s an achievement to wear them out.
- Working out is a lot more fun when you look good.
- What’s the most important part of a workout? The outfit!
- It’s not just about the gym, it’s about what you wear to the gym.
- Your workouts are as important as your outfit.
- No matter what you wear, it’s important to be comfortable.
- I’m too busy getting fit to care about fashion at the gym.
- Form follows function, but fitness fashion is all about looking good while doing it.
- I’m more than a fitness freak, I’m a gym fashionista.
- I’m not just a #gymrat, I’m a #stylingexpert.
- Who says you can’t be stylish and in shape at the same time?
- You score some serious points at the gym when you look good but you work it better!
- When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you do good.
- Feel the burn, slay the workout, and look good doing it.
- Get in the best shape of your life while looking good! That’s how I like to live!
- Workout gear does not need to be boring. Dress in vibrant colors and get those muscles moving.
- When you’re feeling confident in your appearance at the gym, chances are you’ll have a better workout.
- I don’t have any new clothes to wear to the gym – maybe I’ll skip gym?
- Just because it was fine in the locker room doesn’t mean it will make a good impression while on the treadmill.
Gym Quotes with Attitude
What better way to show your followers your true self than by sharing the results of your earnest hard work at the gym? So if you’re looking for gym attitude status or captions to show off your gym life, here are some ideas.
- I want to be judged by my workouts, not my looks.
- Posting workouts on Instagram doesn’t mean anything if I don’t do it.
- You can’t live a full life without a full workout.
- It may not be easy. We do it because we want to. We do it because we can’t not.
- I know the resistance is strong, but so am I.
- Here’s to all the #gymgoers who know what they want and how to get it!
- Whatever the reason, the gym is your favorite place to spend time.
- You don’t have to be a #gym instructor or an athlete to enjoy your workout every once in a while.
- Mirror mirror on the wall, I’m the toughest of them all.
- Yes, I completed my goals and am proud of it! I didn’t wear these workout clothes just for this selfie!
- I’m exhausted from doing my abs workout. I’ll do legs tomorrow (sorry, bit of a humble brag!).
- I may not have the best gym ‘fits, but at least I completed my 50 push-ups today!
- When you know when to work out, and when to work it.
- Gym selfies are more than just a pretty picture. These pics are made up of the confidence that you can only get when you prove it to yourself that you can really push it, even if it’s tough.
- Why dwell on what you can’t do, when you can actually do what you can?
Gym Quotes for Beginners
If you are looking to find a new workout routine or just want to find a way to start going to the gym, it’s important that you find your own motivation for doing so. Motivation is a very individual thing – we are all unique in our own way, and what motivates one person may not motivate another.
If you just started going to the gym, these quotes for beginners or being back at the gym can help you show to your followers that you’ve already begun the hard work.
- Step into the gym and be ready to take on life!
- When you decide to put in the hard work, the struggle is worth it
- Find your motivation and push past your limits. Your #bestself awaits!
- Gym is the only place where you can flex without being considered conceited, where you can sweat without being considered unstylish!
- I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with my body. But you know what? I’m at the gym to change that.
- Next time your workout starts to feel like a chore, remember that your clothes will be the last thing on your mind.
- Jump high and aim for the stars. But if you fall, just remember to land on your feet.
- If you start dressing well, it can improve your mood. But if you start working out, it can improve your whole personality.
- I fight for this body, I don’t give up on it, and I enjoy it. Maybe one day my self-confidence will be as big as my muscles!
- You can’t control what body shape you have, but you can control what your attitude towards it is.
- Don’t let anyone tell you that your goals are unrealistic or unattainable, because if they can do it, so can we!
Gym Fashion and Athleisure Quotes
Athleisure is not just the latest fashion trend, but a great way of being yourself even when you’re outside the gym. If you love athleisure, and are posting an OOTD pic in it, here are some captions for you to choose from. Personally, I love athleisure too, and that’s why writing these quotes was so easy for me – they came naturally!
- It’s not about the clothes you wear, it’s about how hard you work in them.
- Nude tights are your best friend, said no one ever.
- Find the pair of sneakers that let you prove it to yourself!
- I don’t care about couture and trends. All I need is something fitness-friendly in my closet.
- Athleisure has been characterized as the new norm in fashion – being sporty, comfortable and stylish all at the same time. And I couldn’t agree more.
- No matter what your fitness goals are, just make sure you’re styled for success.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy gym clothes and that’s kinda the same thing.
- Today, we’re looking at the value of how being active and wearing your athleisure gear can be a powerful form of self-confidence.
- Athleisure is the opposite of shabby chic. It’s chic with a little bit of shabby.
There, I made it 131!
Hope these gym quotes were helpful. If you used one of these workout captions, feel free to credit me. As always, I’d love to see your #gymgoals and body positive pics, so tag me on Instagram @shilpaahujadotcom to share.
Shilpa Ahuja the editor-in-chief of ShilpaAhuja.com, which she founded with the goal of inspiring confidence in the modern working woman through fashion. Other than defining the direction of the magazine, she also writes about fashion & beauty trend forecasts, industry analysis, and opinions.
Shilpa’s work has been published in the University of Fashion blog and Jet Airways magazine. She is also an artist, illustrator and cartoonist. She is also the creator of Audrey O., a comic series that represents the lifestyle of millennial women. She enjoys creative writing and world travel. Her art has been exhibited at Harvard Graduate School of Design and the Aroma Hotel, Chandigarh and been published in Chandigarh Times.
Originally from Chandigarh, Shilpa also has a degree in architecture and has worked in interior project management. She is also the author of the book “Designing a Chinese Cultural Center in India”. Shilpa has a Masters in Design Studies degree from Harvard University.
For feedback and questions, please email [email protected].